There are many ways to cook lamb but have you ever breaded it? This is a next level of flavour! Try out this recipe!
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
Your own choice of lamb – rump lamb steak, diced lamb pieces, rack of lamb
1 Fresh lemon juice (to wash meat)
2 tbs avocado oil (or any oil of your choice)
Lamb seasoning -
2 tbs Paprika
2 tbs Garlic powder
2 tbs Black Pepper
2 tsp Mixed spice
1 tbs Brown sugar
Breading mixture -
1 tbs Paprika
1 tbs Garlic powder
1 tbs Black Pepper or cayenne
2 tbs Mixed herbs
2 olive oil
4 tbs English mustard (for coating)
1. The same method can be used with either a rump lamb steak, diced lamb pieces, rack of lamb. Pour lemon juice over meat and wash, removing any excess fat.
2. Pat dry lamb and season with measurements above, set aside in a bowl.
3. Prepare you breaded mixture in a separate bowl and in another bowl the mustard.
4. With a non-stick pan, add 2 tbs of oil and brown meat for roughly 5 minutes on each side. Once browned, set aside in a bowl.
5. Using a knife or baby spoon, spread a thin layer of mustard onto each side of lamb , then dip into breading mixture and put onto an oven proof tray (can be a Pyrex or an oven tray with foil).
6. Once lamb is fully coated, lightly drizzle over olive oil onto the lamb (or pieces).
7. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, turning over half way.
8. Test your lamb to see if it is cooked to your preference, add an extra 5 minutes for a more well done piece of meat!
9. Best served with roasted or mashed potatoes. Breaded lamb pieces are also a greater starter option for dinner parties!
Sauce – lamb juice from saucepan with 2 tbs of single cream, a tsp of paprika and a tsp of black pepper. Stir on very low heat for 1 minute. Optional – add fresh baby spinach & mushrooms.