Quick, flavoursome and impressive!
Total cooking time: 20 minutes
2 Duck fillets (most supermarkets sell them in 1 pack)
Salt - 1 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Cayenne - 1tsp
Mixed herb - 1 tsp
Tagliatelle nests - 8
Spinach - hand full
Vegetable stock - 1cup
Honey - 2tbs
Butter - 250g
All purpose seasoing - 1 tbs
Paprika - 1/2 tbs
Ground coriander - 1/2 tbs
1. Bring to boil a pot of salted hot water and add the tagliatelle nests - cook for 8-10 minutes.
2. Whilst the pasta boils, season duck fillets. Using a saucepan, turn on a medium level heat (do not add oil as the duck will naturally release its own oil). Cook duck fillets 4 minutes on each side. You may need an oil cover as it can get quite oily and begin to splash.
3. Once duck has cooked, slice and set aside.
4. Now onto the pasta sauce - drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside. Add butter, crushed garlic and sliced heirloom tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Add the cup of stock along with the seasonings and simmer for a few minutes. Next add the honey add the spinach then stir.
5. Next, add duck slices and gently add your tagliatelle. Gently stir to combine all ingredients.